Stephen Curry and the 2017 NBA Champion Golden State Warriors secured the top spots on the NBA’s Most Popular Jersey and Team Merchandise lists, respectively, based on overall sales on NBAStore.com from April through June.
Rounding out the top five among most popular jerseys are the Cleveland Cavaliers’ LeBron James (No. 2), the Warriors’ Kevin Durant (No. 3), the Oklahoma City Thunder’s Russell Westbrook (No. 4) and the Cavaliers’ Kyrie Irving (No. 5).
On the team merchandise list, the Warriors are followed by the Cavaliers at No. 2, Chicago Bulls at No. 3, Boston Celtics at No. 4 and San Antonio Spurs at No. 5.
- The Celtics’ Isaiah Thomas climbs seven spots to No. 7 after debuting on the last list (April 2017) at No. 14.
- Giannis Antetokounmpo (No. 8) of the Milwaukee Bucks earns his highest ranking ever.
- The Washington Wizards’ John Wall (No. 12) returns to the list for the first time since the end of the 2014-15 season.
- The Celtics (No. 4) crack the top five in team merchandise sales, a position they last held at the start of the 2012-13 season.
Top 15 Most Popular NBA Jerseys: Top 10 Most Popular Team Merchandise:
- Stephen Curry, Golden State Warriors 1. Golden State Warriors
- LeBron James, Cleveland Cavaliers 2. Cleveland Cavaliers
- Kevin Durant, Golden State Warriors 3. Chicago Bulls
- Russell Westbrook, Oklahoma City Thunder 4. Boston Celtics
- Kyrie Irving, Cleveland Cavaliers 5. San Antonio Spurs
- Kawhi Leonard, San Antonio Spurs 6. Los Angeles Lakers
- Isaiah Thomas, Boston Celtics 7. Oklahoma City Thunder
- Giannis Antetokounmpo, Milwaukee Bucks 8. Milwaukee Bucks
- James Harden, Houston Rockets 9. Philadelphia 76ers
- Klay Thompson, Golden State Warriors 10. Houston Rockets
- Draymond Green, Golden State Warriors
- John Wall, Washington Wizards
- Jimmy Butler, Chicago Bulls*
- Damian Lillard, Portland Trail Blazers
- Dwyane Wade, Chicago Bulls
*Denotes players who changed teams after the 2016-17 season.