New York Yankees rookie outfielder Aaron Judge finished his first Major League campaign with the most popular player jersey of the 2017 season. This is only the second time a rookie has finished an MLB season with the most popular jersey. Cubs third baseman Kris Bryant, whose jersey is the second-most popular of 2017, also had the most popular jersey of 2016 & 2015 (his rookie campaign). Major League Baseball and the Major League Baseball Players Association have released these rankings since 2010.
Seven of the top 10 and 15 of the top 20 players on the current list will participate in this year’s Postseason.
Following Judge and Bryant on the list, released jointly today by MLB and the MLBPA, is Anthony Rizzo (#3), Clayton Kershaw (#4) and Bryce Harper (#5). The list is based on sales of Majestic jerseys from MLBShop.com, the official online shop of Major League Baseball, since Opening Day 2017.
The average age of the top 10 players is 27 years old. Players representing 13 different Clubs make up the top 20 most popular player jerseys, which includes 10 infielders, five outfielders, three catchers and two pitchers.
MLB Most Popular Player Jerseys – 2017 Championship Season
Based on sales from MLBShop.com of Majestic jerseys since Opening Day
1. Aaron Judge, New York Yankees
2. Kris Bryant, Chicago Cubs
3. Anthony Rizzo, Chicago Cubs
4. Clayton Kershaw, Los Angeles Dodgers
5. Bryce Harper, Washington Nationals
6. Buster Posey, San Francisco Giants
7. Yadier Molina, St. Louis Cardinals
8. Mike Trout, Los Angeles Angels
9. Francisco Lindor, Cleveland Indians
10. Javier Báez, Chicago Cubs
11. Corey Seager, Los Angeles Dodgers
12. Mookie Betts, Boston Red Sox
13. Jose Altuve, Houston Astros
14. Kyle Schwarber, Chicago Cubs
15. Gary Sánchez, New York Yankees
16. Cody Bellinger, Los Angeles Dodgers
17. Dustin Pedroia, Boston Red Sox
18. Freddie Freeman, Atlanta Braves
19. Noah Syndergaard, New York Mets
20. Nolan Arenado, Colorado Rockies